Please visit this page for the latest on our Java Bootcamp training course will put your programming career in the fast lane
Java is not just a programming language. It’s a part of our digital lifestyle. And a lifelong career for anyone who masters it. Our Java Bootcamp training course is the best way to start your computer programming career.
What is Java?
Java is one of the most popular all-purpose programming languages in the world.
How can that be? Isn’t Java an old language that’s been around for decades? That’s right. And that’s exactly why software engineers, big corporations, device manufacturers and app developers trust it completely.
From the beginning, Java has offered in one complete package everything required to create any type of software imaginable. Java is used for business systems, web applications, desktop software, and controlling electronic devices. It’s also the number one choice for creating Android apps. And Oracle – the owners of Java – make sure it’s regularly updated with the latest features needed to solve today’s real-world problems and utilise the latest hardware technology to the fullest.
Why learn Java?
Big firms want the systems that make them money to keep running smoothly. And software companies want to deliver reliable applications with few bugs. Java has helped them do that successfully. As a result, they’ve created trillions of lines of Java code over the years – and it works well.
So they’re not going to rewrite everything from scratch with the latest, coolest programming language that “everyone is learning”. What they want is more Java developers to help them upgrade their systems to work with new technologies such as the Cloud, mobile computing, social media, and distributed parallel processing.
That’s where you come in. Java is in demand. So, even with over 9 million Java developers worldwide, there’s ample room for new talent.
What you can look forward to
If you enjoy computers, solving problems, or just building things that are really cool, Java is for you. As a junior Java programmer, you’ll earn well and do interesting work that will keep you engaged. You’ll be involved in a variety of projects and, as your skills grow, you might find yourself coding specialised applications that few developers get the chance to work on.
Java is also a great springboard for high-paying specialist professions like software engineer, systems architect, or even software entrepreneur. Can you see yourself enjoying that kind of success? Whatever happens, you definitely won’t be bored.
Rest assured that you’ll have job security, safe in the knowledge that your skills will be in demand for many years to come.
Start right with our Java Bootcamp
Java is a technical language with a vast number of functions. As a junior Java developer, you don’t need to master them all – that would take years. But you do need to know where to start and the basics required by prospective employers before they’ll hire you. Many learners get needlessly lost in Java’s complexity.
Code College’s Java Bootcamp is designed to teach you the must-know Java essentials that will prepare you for your first day on the job. You’ll get:
- Expert tuition from a qualified lecturer (BSc Computer Science with Honours) backed by 30 years industry experience
- Study materials with all the information you need and loads of helpful hints
- Practical projects that allow you to cut your teeth on typical development scenarios
- Preparation and registration advice for international certification (Oracle Certified Associate Java exam and Oracle Certified Professional Java exam)
- Simulated exams to test your readiness before sitting for certification
- Hints and tips for successful job interviews
- Automatic absorption into Java Internship program at our holding company, Compuways
- Matric with pure maths or
- Strong aptitude test result or
- Previous work experience or
- Other training that may be considered relevant (see our Programming Short Courses) or Intro to Programming
Please note: While a good math pass is recommended, the combined requirements determine acceptance to the course. We encourage candidates to prove themselves by completing an aptitude test (R350) or do the Intro to Programming Course and attend a personal interview with us.
Study Loans Available
Having trouble financing your studies? Qualifying candidates can apply for a student loan, and repay their fees once employed. Please read our application procedure for more details.
(NB: please enquire if you must to do the Intro to Programming (Calendar codes: CT0, Jhb0) module first or not)
- Beginner Java. Java SE Fundamentals (OCA) (Calendar codes: CT1, Jhb1)
- Practical Beginner Projects (progress / support lesson every Wednesday afternoon)
- Advanced Java. Java SE Programming (OCP) (Calendar codes: CT2, Jhb2)
- Practical Advanced Projects (progress / support lesson every Wednesday afternoon)
- Beginning SQL incl MTA. (Calendar codes: CT3, Jhb3)
- Get the database knowledge needed to make your Java programs connect to and work with databases
- Practical SQL Project/s (progress / support lesson every Wednesday afternoon)
- Beginning Servlets. How to create web applications in Java (Calendar codes: CT4, Jhb4)
- Practical Servlets Projects (progress / support lesson every Wednesday afternoon)
- Advanced Servlets. How to create advanced web applications in Java (Calendar codes: CT5, Jhb5)
- Practical Project (progress / support lesson every Wednesday afternoon)
- Java Web Applications. Master various Java web app skills like Spring, JPA, Hibernate(Calendar codes: CT6, Jhb6)
- Practical Project (progress / support lesson every Wednesday afternoon)
Java Bootcamp can be completed in 6 months or less.
- Each module is 5 days of classroom lectures; related projects to be completed the following week on campus (or at home with support offered on Google Hangout or Skype)
- Weekly project progress sessions are held to support bootcamp students
Job placement and pass rate of close to 100%
Companies are begging us for Java skills. Code Colege works with sister company Compuways IT Recruitment to ensure you find employment after graduation. We have hundreds of IT employers on record and standing orders for Java developers. And we’ve placed almost every graduate who requested our assistance (100%). This is to show that we are very serious about what we do and that your success is our goal.
The most common reason for not employing juniors, is lack of ‘on-the-job’ skills. We do not leave our students alone until they are employed. Any unemployed Java bootcamp students are automatically absorbed in our Internship program. Here they are assigned practical projects from our consulting partner company, Compuways. This is an employment internship and counts on your CV as employment.
- During the internship you will be monitored and supported to further build your ‘on-the-job’ skills, like:
- Getting and administering your own Linux Server
- Installing, maintaining Java, MySQL, Tomcat, Webadmin on your Linux VP Server
- Deploying your own software applications on your Linux VP Server
- Participating on our real client software development projects
- Preparing for Java/OCA Exam
- Preparing for Java/OCP Exam
- Preparing for Java/OCM Exam
Java Bootcamp: R53,970.00 excl VAT (pre-paid price)
The same price applies for part-time and from July 2016.
If you are working and cannot attend full-time, Tuesday and Thursday evenings are for part-time students.
Part-time students should also try and attend the Wednesday evening workshops.
Bootcamp Group discounts
Book more than one student on a 6 month bootcamp (normal price s R60 000). (Student has to attend class only 1 week per month – in between homework meetings are done via Google Hangouts ).
2 students – 20% discount
3 student – 35% discount
4+ students – 50% discount!!
Self-study / Distance Learning
The Java Bootcamp is also available in a distance learning format on request.
Certification exams covered
Oracle Certified Associate Java Exam : Approx. R1500 excl VAT
Oracle Certified Professional Java Exam : R1500 excl VAT
Oracle Certified Master Java Web Component Developer Approx R1500 excl VAT
Java Bootcamp Competency Certificate
(All our certificates can be added your LinkedIn profile to enhance your marketability)
Don’t wait! Put your software development career into the fast lane today.
BOOK YOUR JAVA BOOTCAMP NOW
Need more information? Click here
See the calendar below and look for these codes (CT0/Jhb0 – is Intro to Programming), CT1-CT6 – Cape Town modules, Jhb1-Jhb6 – Johannesburg modules
Have a look at our Java Enterprise Architect Bootcamp .
|Java Bootcamp Module Names and Full-Time Schedule
NB: The part-time classes start in the same week, for 8 evenings
|Intro To Programming (Python)||18-22 Jan||6-11 June|
|Beginner Java||1-5 Feb||4-9 July|
|Advanced Java||22-26 Feb||1,2,4,5,10 August|
|Beginning SQL||14-18 March||29 Aug – 2 Sep|
|Beginner Java Servlets||11-15 April||26-30 September|
|Advanced Java Servlets||16-20 May||25-29 October|
|Java Web Applications or Android||20-24 June||21-26 November|
Save this page
Keep this information handy. Download a pdf copy of this page by clicking here.
Testimonials / Success Stories